The Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
Wapato Point Cellars does not market to or sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21. By using this site you swear and affirm that you are over the age of 21. Wapato Point Cellars makes every effort to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21. By using this site you are acknowledging that the person receiving a shipment of alcoholic beverages from Wapato Point Cellars is over the age of 21. You also agree that any alcohol purchased from Wapato Point Cellars is intended for personal consumption and not for resale. You also agree that the recipient of said alcoholic beverage will furnish a government issued identification proving their legal age is at least 21 years of age to the Fedex delivery person who is required by law and the legal agreement between Wapato Point Cellars and Fedex to obtain said photo identification at the point of delivery. If you do not agree with these conditions of use, please do not use this site. If you intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent your age in order to provide alcohol to a person under the age of 21 Wapato Point Cellars will prosecute you fully to the extent allowable by law.
From the Fedex Adult Signature Required Policy: FedEx will obtain a signature from someone at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. If no eligible recipient is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
Additional details and Fedex policy on shipments with “Adult Signature Required”: http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/Service_Guide_2015.pdf
The Shipment of Alcoholic Beverages
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must live in a ship-compliant state in the continental United States. Currently, those states are Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Texas. More states are becoming ship compliant, so if your state is not listed please ask our retail shop what the status of your state may be.
- We assess applicable taxes as required by each jurisdiction where we may legally sell and ship alcohol to consumers.
- We reserve the right to deny the purchase of alcohol if there is any question of the legality of any alcohol purchase and/or shipment.
- We routinely update our policies in accordance with State and Federal laws regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages and laws governing the direct shipment of alcohol to consumers. Current policies regarding federal and state regulations can be found at the following locations:
- Unofficial information regarding the control states and legal issues regarding wine shipments can be found at the following locations.
- We conduct quarterly audits and reviews to ensure there is no evidence of legal action or law enforcement intervention due to failure of controls at the shipper or carrier level. Identified failure of these controls are immediately corrected and remedied to prevent future recurrence, though no failures have occurred to date.